Highlighted

Lightroom import only XMP Luts?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've to convert a lots of luts (.cube) to import into Lightroom.

The only way to convert with Adobe is ith Camra Raw, but only a file for time.

I'm trying to found a software to transform multiple .cube to xmp, in one time.

I've found only a file that trasforms multiple .cube to .lrtemplates but not it's the same.
I belive that Lightroom can import only XMP luts. Is it correct ?

Can you help me ?!

Cheers.
Francesco

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom import only XMP Luts?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've to convert a lots of luts (.cube) to import into Lightroom.

The only way to convert with Adobe is ith Camra Raw, but only a file for time.

I'm trying to found a software to transform multiple .cube to xmp, in one time.

I've found only a file that trasforms multiple .cube to .lrtemplates but not it's the same.
I belive that Lightroom can import only XMP luts. Is it correct ?

Can you help me ?!

Cheers.
Francesco

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any way to make creative profiles from LUTs except on-at-a-time in Camera Raw. I posted a request two years ago for Adobe to document how LUTs are encoded in .xmp files, so that plug-in developers could build plugins that would do this (among other things), but Adobe never responded. 

Please add your constructive opinion to the feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-raw-and-lightroom-document-the-format-...

And be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner.

One gotcha to be aware of when importing a LUT into a creative profile: Most LUTs available online were created for video and are in the Rec 709 color space. But Camera Raw only implements color spaces sRGB, Adobe RGB, Display P3, Pro Photo, and Rec 2020.  sRGB is pretty close to Rec 709, but if you use sRGB for a Rec 709 LUT, you may see significant differences in the shadows. (There's another feature request to add Rec 709 to Camera Raw, but Adobe has ignored that too.)

Meanwhile, you might consider the Apply LUT plugin, which lets you apply LUTs to images within LR. You can import multiple LUTs at once, and it correctly handles LUTs in any color space, but it has some disadvantages compared to creative profiles: A new TIFF is created, and it's much slower.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 2
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho John,

I've tried the demo version ... but if I use .cube inside Photoshop, and convert .cube (from utility) the result will not be the same. 

Cheers.

F.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please email details to the support address, including the .cube file as an attachment, and we'll sort it out, thanks.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 1
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, here's the correct support address link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 1