Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom photobook page size

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am currently working on a photobook and I am using Indesign to work on some of my photos. 

I am having trouble with sizing when exporting my work from indesign and re-importing in lightroom photobook module. 

My photobook size is 10 x 8 in. 

Then, when I create a document n indesign, by the size of 10 x 8 in, export it and re-import the picture in my photobook page, the sizes does not fit! 

What I am missing?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 8x10inch specification is just a guide! You must also consider that a book needs to consider-  Trim, Bleed, Margins, etc.

https://au.blurb.com/make/pdf_to_book/booksize_calculator#book-attributes

Best you can do is to choose a suitable Page Template for the page, and then 'Fit' your JPG document into the 'Photo' Cell.

If you choose a template that is "Full Page" then you can expect the images to be trimmed slightly when the book is printed.

I doubt you could ever achieve a book where the images are exactly 8x10inch.

Placing photos into a Photo Cell will cause the image to be re-sized (re-sampled) with the option to "Fit" within the cell.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Umm, why are you using InDesign to work on your images? Kind of like using Photoshop to write a novel?

Joking aside, why not use Lightroom to work on your images? What kind of "work" are you doing to your images?

Regardless, it sounds like a resolution issue. Do you know about resolution and how to adjust it? If I said an image was needed that was 5 x 7 @300 dpi would you know what that meant? Not trying to be snarky here, it's a fundamental question on resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use InDesign why not use the Blurb InDesign Plugin? It has all of the book templates and InDesign is a true page layout program with many more features than the LR Book module.

https://www.blurb.com/indesign-plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines