• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM problem--Lr indicating wrong location in Folders Window

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is not posting my images to their right location.

When I move images from my camera card to  my hard drive, I put them in a folder such as

"  (K:)>Rays pics 2020>200324dogs"

When I import to Lightroom, I maneuver to the new folder, check the images to import, then click "import"

The images import, but show up as" (K:)>200324dogs"in the Folders Window--Lightroom has eliminated the branch of my tree which indicates "Rays pics 2020"---Lightroom did not do this for my 2019 pictures (>Rays pics 2019). 

If i Right click on the image,I can "Show in Explorer" correctly.

Is there a fix for this???

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the folder visable, select show parent folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that...Right clicking takes me to the correct location in Explorer...But Lightroom says it lives in the main trunk of drive k:
I did indicate that in my original question.

Thank you so much for answering.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have a backup before any of thus

If you know they are not on K, right click on that and select Update Folder location.

Inquiry

In Windows, have you permantly assigned drive letters to your external hard drive(s)? If, not, they can get different drive letters assigned to them as devices get connected/disconnected, and what was drive K may then be drive (pick a letter)

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-assign-a-drive-letter-in-windows-10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much!!
I was right-clicking on the Image, and not on the folder names in the Folders Window.

This was very helpful.

Stay healthy--Avoid the Coronavirus--wash your hands!!😄👍👍👍

Thanks again,

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please verify that you selected "show parent folder" and not "show folder in Explorer".

Lightroom likes to visually compress the folder tree. This often results in the need to right-click on the folder and force LR to "show parent folder", often multiple times.

If you import at test/junk image into the folder that you want to be shown at the top-most folder, LR will expand the folders below that on each import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines