• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom question

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 4.4 and have not used it for a quite a while.  I upgraded computers and now it does not work.  Can it be used or do I have to subscribe to the $9.99 per month programs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bad news is that yes, if you want to use LR, you will have to subscribe at this point.

The good news is that LR is dramatically better than it was back then.

But it's also more confusing as well: there are now many different flavors of LR. There is LR-Classic, which is the newer version of what you had. There is Lightroom-Desktop, which is where your images (mostly) reside in the clouds and intigrates with your phone's images when you use Lightroom Mobile. There's also a Lightroom Web where you can access your cloud images (and images you've synced from your Collections from LR-Classic.

Confusing? Yes, you bet. 

Here are the various "packages"

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

I would suggest that you start with the first one as that gives you everything and if you wish more storage, you can add it if you want or if you wish to drop the Classic version you can do that as well. 

Please let me know if this helps and if you have any more questions, ask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In what way doesn't it work? Please provide details.

What is your operating system?

If you're on a Mac and upgraded to Catalina, it may work if it was already installed when you upgraded, but you will not be able to install it on Catalina.

Also note that LR 4 is totally unsupported, and there are no downloads available any more, neither the base installer, nor the 4.4 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines