• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost lightroom classic catalog in computer crash - all photos stored seperately

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had backed up photos, but somehow my LR classic catalog didn't make it into my backups. Have some photos (perhaps 3k of 44k) uploaded to LR cloud. Is there anyway to recover my LR classic catalog based on my CC login? If not, is there a way to apply my LR cloud edits/organization to LR classic?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there anyway to recover my LR classic catalog based on my CC login?

No.!

You will only recover your Catalog if you have (local) Backups of the Catalog available.

It will be -Start again!  Import and re-edit.

Recovering the edits for the 3k of photos in the Cloud may require the local Originals to be in the new catalog, and then set the new catalog to 'sync', but I am not aware if this is possible. Other "users" more familiar with Cloud files may have an answer.

And, sadly,  you have learnt the lesson of keeping Catalog backups.

Edit: And also- if you synced photos from Collections in Lr-Classic to the Cloud, then these are only 'proxy' (DNG Smart Preview) files in the Cloud-  not fullsize original copies!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines