• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic: You've reached your device activation limit.

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it is some weeks I keep receiving this message every time I reload my PC, which is one of the two machines on which LR is activated.

It gives me the opportunity to deactivate on one of the two "previous" computers, one of which is the computer on which is running. It seems that LR (or CC ?) doesn't recognize that the computer on which it is being started is one on which the LR is already activated.

Is there some kind of (windows) service which I could have stopped and which is causing this kind of problem ? or any other idea ?

Thanks !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "every time I reload my PC"?? Is this re-installing the operating system? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this late reply, I mean just turn the computer off and back on, with the same hardware and software installation, just restart (like after applying patches and so on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that I'm not activating a third copy of LR/PS, I'm just opening LR on a computer on which I already activated it... LR just doesn't recognize that one of the computer listed is the one I'm starting LR on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble with the advice given in Johan Elzenga's link is that it doesn't make reference to my (and other's) recurring issue (of many years):

I have two computers; a laptop and a PC.  Every so often, with no rhyme nor reason, I receive the You've reached your device activation limit message.  Adobe then lists my laptop correctly - but the PC twice, thereby making the incorrect assumption that I'm using 3 machines.  It shows the computer name as the logged-on PC, and this computer, as the one that's attempting to open an Adobe product - even though they are both the same PC.  The problem is simple to rectify, but I remain curious why this happens.

This is irksome and, over the years, no Adobe person has given a satisfactory answer for the anomoly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems something like my situation, I'll let you know if I can find some solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple of thoughts, have you upgraded your PC, operating system, hdd, motherboard that may cause it to be recognized as two PC's?

Are you using Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application this app is used to manage your a/c?

You have not confirmed what version of Lightroom you are using please the actual version number. The latest version is  Lightroom Classic 9.2.1.

If all else fails, when the message pops up again asking you to deactivate one, I believe there may be an option to deactivate all. If there is then select it, then log-in the two units you wish to be activated.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all, I didn't change a single part

Yes, I'm using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, costantly upgraded to the last version

The LR version is LR Classic 9.2.1

I'll try your suggestion of deactivating all the devices and reactivate them again

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you attempted this process,  i.e. deactivate all computiors and login again? If this does not work I do not believe you will make any progress other than to contact Adobe support directly and convince them to do the deactivation for you. There is nothing the other users in this from can do but offer advice. Good luck.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to open Creative Cloud, log off from your Adobe Account then Log on again. This might fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that this is an issue caused by how it is networked and that for some reason the mac or IP address of your network card is changing when you reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to note that it is already a full week that the problem does not show up. I didn't use any of the suggestion I was given, as the problem seems to have been solved by itself.

Thanks everyone for the attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines