• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC (9.3) Freezes when trying to import

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import new photos my LRC freezes.  I have uninstalled an reinstalled both LRC and Adobe Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version NUMBER of your operating system (we need the NUMBER and not words like "current" or "up-to-date")

Please indicate how far into the Import process you get before it freezes. If there is an error message, please quote the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Please state the location of the photos you are trying to import — camera card, hard disk, cell phone, other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows Verison is 1903.

As soon as I hit the "Import..." LRC freezes and I eventually just get a crash report but no actualy error message.

The photos are on an SD card and im attempting to import to my Windows PC harddrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the SD card and card reader (if you use one) is not malfunctioning. Try copying the photos to the hard drive using Windows Explorer, and then try to import from the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im freezing the second I hit import. So im not able to choose what hardrive I want to import from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other devices, like a smart phone, attached to the computer?

If so, try unplugging them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any other devices.  I just went to open it and now I have lost all my work as well, none of my pictures are in the library and I cant import anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update on this? I have the same issue, LrC 9.3 is completely unusable.

I fixed the issue by reverting to LrC 9.2.1

Steps I tried before reverting to the previous version:

• New Catalog
  • Launching with 2 different (old) Catalogs
  • Uninstalling and re-installing
  • All the different ways to import

I was running LrC 9.3 on Windows 10. Surface Pro 4, Intel i7 2.2GHz, Samsung SSD with plenty of space. Like everyone else, I was not getting an error code, only a crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Windows 10 v1903
LrC 9.3
Importing from HD
No connected devices

Tried to import from SD card, when I clicked the import button LrC hangs and then generates a crash report (I don't see a error or crash #)

Used bridge to migrate from SD to HD

Tried to import from HD this time, but same problem. Pressed import, LrC hangs, generates crash report (I always include application usage data)

Checked integrity of catalog on LrC start up but it didn't report anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preference file

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Resetting the preference file is Adobe Speak for deleting the appropriate file, then receiving a fresh new copy upon starting LrC. This file can get corrupted resulting in odd behavior.

Be aware some settings you made under preferences may change to defaults.  (not the purpose of resetting the preference file, just a possible undesired result, annoyance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the steps about resetting preferences and tried importing while in the library moduel. Unfortunatly I got the same results again.

Pressed Import, no activity from LrC, no import screen, just press and straight to hang/crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 questions, asked or implied by other members, but perhaps overlooked/misread

1. So if you are in the Library module, and you select Import, the failure occurs? You do not get to see the Import screen?

2. Outside of LrC, on your computer, can you copy photos from your SD card to a folder on a hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for some calrity:;

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1594859137469.png

davidg36166309_1-1594859137471.png

davidg36166309_2-1594859137471.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been an update/fix for this?? I am having the same problem with LRC 9.4, with different SD cards trying to upload directly to LRC. I have about 34,000 images in LRC currently. Is there a top limit of images LRC can handle? If I cull a 100 or so, I can upload a few before it again begins to crash. But I'm only getting from 2 to a dozen uploaded before it has problems. Here is the info requested as outlined by a Community member for this morning, 08-22-2020: 

Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.18362

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.3 GHz

SqLite Version: 3.30.1

Built-in memory: 8123.6 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8123.6 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1661.5 MB (20.4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1942.5 MB

GDI objects count: 702

USER objects count: 2746

Process handles count: 1966

Memory cache size: 629.9MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 12.4 [ 555 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 374MB / 4061MB (9%)

Camera Raw real memory: 373MB / 8123MB (4%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (26.21.14.4112)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic

Library Path: E:\Lightroom Catalog\Lightroom 4 Catalog\Lightroom Catalog-2-2.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\Denise\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) $$$/PerfectEffects/Title=Perfect Effects 9

2) AdobeStock

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) Nikon Tether Plugin

6) ON1 Effects 10

7) ON1 Effects Standalone 2019

8) ON1 Enhance 10

9) ON1 Photo 10

10) ON1 Portrait 10

11) ON1 Resize 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no limit to the number of photos in LR.

Please explain further what is happening: is your entire computer crashing and you have to re-start it, or is just Lightroom Classic crashing but other programs continue to work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. You should really post your own discussion.

2. Your GPU driver is old, current 452.06. Always update GPU drivers when having issues like this. Out if date GPU drivers is always mentioned in Adobe support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines