• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC installation in External Drive

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running low on storage space on my lap top and am wondering if it is possible to install and run Lightroom Classic on and save my processed files on an external drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows-  The CC Desktop App and Lightroom-Classic will only install in the default  { C:\Program Files } folder, however the Catalog (.LRCAT) with the Previews (.LRDATA), and all image files can be stored and used on any connected hard-drive (internal or external)

This is similar to using a "Self Contained Catalog" as described in this article-

Catalog on multiple computers?

And moving a Catalog is relatively easy if done correctly-

Move Your Lightroom Catalog | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Training Tutorials and Tips 

Move Your Lightroom Photos to a New Hard Drive | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Training Tutorials and Tips

In Mac OS- a Mac user might answer the 'install' question, but again, Catalog and photos can be on an external drive.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines