• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lrc LOOSING FACE TAGS

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using LR classic for a long time. Currently my main Cat has 85k photos. 56K tagged faces, and 65k untagged, 2.1k different people.

The problem is I am seeing prior tagged faces being lost. I don't see what might causing them to be lost.

Looking for what might be causing this. Is it something I might be doing? Is there something I can do to minimize this loss?

Not seeing any pattern.  

I don't know when they are lost. So trying to restore prior backup does not make sense. Lots happen to the photos different tags. 

Ideas.

Too many tagged. Is there some limit? Maybe I need to split into multiple cats.

Too many people? Maybe I need to purge some people.

right now I am trying for figure out what might be the problem so I know what I need to work with. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

It is happening to lots of unrelated photos. unrelated faces.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Lost" I mean the tag is not any more.  The photo is still there, the edits are ther, (thing like exposure and contrast..) 

Any ideas what I should look at? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else seeing lost tags?  If it is only happening to me, It is probably something I am doing. 

Does anybody know if the face tags are saved as meta data with the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just discovered after 4-5 months of no use, LRC has lost thousands of face tags. I'm in the same situation, no reason they should be gone, restoring backups is probably a waste of time. I got LRC to replace Picasa, which never in a decade appeared to lose tags. Now, even the tags I worked to get LRC to recognize are lost. If that's what I should expect from this product, it's a extremely frustrating waste of money. Did you ever get a response from Adobe about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines