• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

migrate from aperture - do edits migrate?

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm getting ready to migrate my photos from Aperture to Lightroom Classic.

I'm a little confused because the Adobe instructions talk about being able to migrate edits, but not adjustments? What is the difference and what do I need to know to be sure that I fully migrate all edited versions of photos?

Thanks

Harriet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure but to be on the safe side you might want to Export the edited images from Aperture as TIF files and have those TIF files included in the Aperture catalog (or whatever Apple calls the file that stores what images are included in Aperture).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. How do I do that?

I have no idea. I have never used Aperture. But there must be an option to Save/Export/Burn In the edits done to images to another file format for RAW files and to the same file, or a second, Additional, and or New file of the same format (Extension) for JPGs or TIF files.

Surely there must be a tutorial on doing that from Aperture. A Google search should turn it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If raw, you can't transfer the edits, they are proprietary. If JPEG or TIFF, sure, once you 'burn in' the edits into that rendered data. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you migrate an Aperture library, to retain the edits you have to export fill-sized tiffs and import those into Lightroom too. The process is explained here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-iphoto.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines