• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from Classic to LRCC when I have originals stored in both locations

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 70,000 photos stored in Classic, but recently I have been using LRCC and now have about 3,000 photos stored there. So I have most originals stored locally and the newer ones stored in the cloud.

The Classic photos are already synched to LRCC, but obviously only smart previews are stored in the cloud.

I have decided that the LRCC platform works well for me and would like to migrate.

Will the migration process work in this situation and retain both sets of originals with all of them available in the cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the article for info on migration.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/migrate-from-classic-to-lightroom-cloud/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your very prompt reply. Actually I have already seen this article and I cannot see that it addresses the issue that is concerning me, although I am probably looking too hard and missing it! 

My concern is that if I start a migration that I might lose the originals that I have loaded into Lightroom CC which do not exist in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have synced your Classic catalog with Lightroom, then the originals you added to Lightroom also exist in Classic. This is one of the most confusing parts of using both apps together on the same computer. Classic requires that originals be on a local hard drive, so Classic downloads a copy of the originals from Lightroom when it syncs. You end up with the originals in the cloud and on your hard drive. 
When you start the migration I doubt you will lose the originals from Lightroom, but you may end up with duplicates. 
If you do decide to migrate, do not continue to use Classic, because Classic will download everything again to a hard drive. Also make sure that you are okay loosing some features before you switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this, I now understand the nuances and will have a go at the migration in the next couple of days.

It is qute a complex scenario, but I think that things will be easier if I have everything in one product and whilst I am a long term user of Classic, of late I have been using CC and I think it is now offerring quite a few advantages for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines