• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Photos in LC but on the hard drive in LC Media Folder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I migrated all my photos from Aperture to LC. So far everything has been fine except this one issue. 

When I'm in LC there are photos that are missing in their date folder. When I go to the desktop and look at the folder I can see the photos are in the folder on the drive where all my photos are kept. 

When I try to re-import these "missing" photos, in the import window they don't even appear. All the photos that are currently imported and that can be seen in LC are in the import window but they are all greyed out. 

If I move the photos out of the folder to a different folder on the same drive, I can see them and import them. In fact all I have to do is move the "missing" photo out of the date folder into any other date folder and in the import window I can now see the photo and import it. 

The common thing about these photos is that the jpg of the photo shares the same file name/number as a .mov in the same folder. 

An example would be having a photo named IMG_0660.JPG and IMG_0660.MOV. They are two different things taken at two different times and two different file types. I have unclicked the do not import suspected duplicates, that doesn't change the fact that I don't even see the photos in the import window. 

I hope this all makes sense. I wanted to see if there was a quicker work around so that I can find the missing photos and get them into the library without having to go into every folder of every day for the last 20 years of photos I have a figure out which photos are missing and moving them out of the folder and then importing. 

Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've figured out what has happened but I don't have a solution. 

I have .mov files and .jpg files that have the same file name BUT these files are from different dates, different cameras, obviously one is a movie and one is a picture. 

Somehow, when LC was importing my photos and videos from Aperature, it has combined these photos and videos. It has taken the capture time of the jpg and combined it with the .mov. 

So when I look the thumbnail it will say Mov + JPEG. 

Is there a way to de-couple the photo and the jpeg? 

Is there a way to 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines