• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My resolution for "The file seems to be unsupported or damaged" - Windows 10 & One Drive

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how relevant any of you'll find my experience, but ...

I use LR on both my desktop and laptop PCs, both running Windows 10. My catalogues and image files all sit within my One Drive folder, so that I can access the same cats and photos on both devices.
However very recently, I started getting this error message but only on some files, both newly imported and older existing files.

What happened in my situation is that only some of the image files were available offline. The ones in LR that displayed the black circle & exclamation icon were the ones only available when online. My OneDrive is set to download on demand and the client had stopped working. I did a reset and restart of the client and images were ok again. I double tested it by pausing the sync and finding files in LR that still had the problem. I restarted the sync and it went away for that image - I saw a Windows fly-out notfication that the files were downloading. 

I have now switched off the One Drive "available on demand" option. I have plenty of local disk space on my desktop PC so don't need it
I think this may also account for the soft-focus issues I saw reported elsewhere while researching this problem. I think that you're working from a smart preview if you're not connected.

I'm sure there's some nuances to this that I haven't had time to investigate fully, but I hope it helps someone out there!

Feedback for Adobe - look into LR error handling and messages. In this case the files were neither damaged (opened fine on my other computer where One Drive was running) nor unsupported (as they were working perfectly well beforehand).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?