Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D4S Tethered capture

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've never had a problem before and have been using the D4S tethered for a while, however, it will now connect (shows up as both connected and as a drive) yet won't capture. The tether panel appears and shows the camera OK, but it's greyed out and has no camera data showing (F stop etc). It connects both USB and ethernet, but simply doesn't "work". If I take a photo it doesn't go to the card (as is always the case with tethered) but also doesn't appear on the screen or saved to the computer.

All software/firmware up to date ; latests Lightroom Classic running.

Any help appreciated (I've been through the deleting the reference folder etc) 

thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Thanks Jim, however, by asking the questions you spurred me to dig deeper and (oddly) it turned out to be a file naming issue. Lightroom / OSX didn't like the file name I'd given as, having started the process over and changed the file name, where captures would be stored, it immediately worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom Classic are using? What operating system? Has anything on your system changed since you last successfully used tethering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 

OSX (High Sierra)

I guess the only thing that has changed is the Lightroom updates . I've the situation (as many of us have, I guess) of not connecting, but this time it connects (USB and ethernet) and will allow me to transfer files, but doesn't capture... very odd.

Any ideas welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping by responding I might draw attention to your dilemma. I'm a Windows user, know nothing about the Mac. And I have never taken the time to try tethering. I'm afraid I'm not the person to give advice here. Keep watching, perhaps someone with more background/experience will see this discussion and offer some suggestions. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim, however, by asking the questions you spurred me to dig deeper and (oddly) it turned out to be a file naming issue. Lightroom / OSX didn't like the file name I'd given as, having started the process over and changed the file name, where captures would be stored, it immediately worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines