• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D6 not supported [for tethered shooting]

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, not sure if this is the right topic for this community, but does anyone know how regular Adobe adds support for new camera models to Lightroom/ Camera raw? Just tried to shoot tethered with my Nikon D6 and it's not supported. This model is quite a few month on the marked...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

The raw files from the D6 are supported from v9.2.1, but the D6 does not yet appear in the list of cameras supported for TETHER.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Maybe in the next release!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D6 is supported in Lightroom Clasic 9.2.1 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem like this. I use LR classic 9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says it is supported. https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You need to explain further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The raw files from the D6 are supported from v9.2.1, but the D6 does not yet appear in the list of cameras supported for TETHER.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Maybe in the next release!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is what I thought. Unfortunately. Let's hope that it doesn't take to long before they add the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is tethering usually takes longer to be added as it relies on updates to SDK's by manufacturers and they haven't proven to be fast 😉😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it 😉 . Nikon kept me waiting 6 months. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this will go faster...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a work-around (using Auto-Import and 'DigicamControl') -this could have been an option,

BUT I do not see the D6 listed in their supported cameras either. TETHER - DIGICAMCONTROL

So unfortunately for you, a waiting game for the D6!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines