Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset not Showing Up in Lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I realize that this issue has been talked about a lot on this forum, but there must be something unique about my issue because none of the previous solutions seem to work for me. I am running a Windows 10 PC. The issue is outlined below:

I just received two .xmp presets from a friend. To install them, I went about my usual route of copying the files into Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/User Presets, but only one of the two presets is showing up in Lightroom Classic (LR) itself...and even then, the one that does show up gets automatically placed in a totally separate folder outside of the User Presets folder. The .xmp file that doesn't show up in LR exists in the User Presets section on my PC's native storage, and on top of that, it registers as "already imported" when I try to import it under a different file name...I know it's there, it just isn't showing up.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but a .dat file (Index_D1C97D3DC46632A2.dat) seems to update every time I import/delete/import the preset again.

I've looked through my Camera Profile section - not there. I have the "Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets" buttom checked. I do not have the "Store presets with this catalog" button checked. I've tried editing with RAW and JPEG images to no avail. I just updated my LR as I was troubleshooting this issue...still nothing. I've tried importing the file in question to LR CC and it won't show up in that app either.

I've tried everything I can find on these forums and more...still not showing up. Is it possible that it just needs to buffer into the software and I'm not giving it enough time? I've never heard of that being the case, but all I can think to do is just let it be for a while.

Thanks for your feedback in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Import .xmp presets by editing a file in Develop and doing the menu command File > Import Profiles And Presets. (It's too easy to make a mistake placing them in the folders manually.)

2. Set the option Preferences > Presets > Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets.

3. Edit a file in Develop.

4. At the top of the Presets panel, click the + button and select Manage Presets.  Check the boxes next to each group.  Click Save, and then expand each group in the Pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of placing them at Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/User Presets (and that may be partualy incorrect) Import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Import .xmp presets by editing a file in Develop and doing the menu command File > Import Profiles And Presets. (It's too easy to make a mistake placing them in the folders manually.)

2. Set the option Preferences > Presets > Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets.

3. Edit a file in Develop.

4. At the top of the Presets panel, click the + button and select Manage Presets.  Check the boxes next to each group.  Click Save, and then expand each group in the Presets panel and look for your preset there.

5. If none of this helps, upload the problem preset to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, and we'll see if its something particular to that preset.

(It's too bad Adobe has bungled the user interface so badly with respect to presets. "Where's my preset" is one of the common issues on the forums.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried these steps with the original preset he sent, but it didn't seem to work. He had created a separate color profile for the preset, and I believe that's what was inhibiting my import process. So I used the File > Import Profiles and Presets function to get the slightly different preset into Lightroom and it worked just fine.

Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines