Highlighted

Problem syncing with current catalog

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Having run into an error with my current version of my catalog in Lightroom Classic CC, I restored to yesterday's backup.  However, when I try to sync with Lightroom CC I get an error message stating 'Problem syncing with current catalog.  This apppears to be a duplicate or automatically created backup of your catalog. As it may not be current, sync has been disabled for this catalog.  To make this your sync catalog, please relaunch Lightroom and enable sync.'

The statement is correct, it's a backup copy, but it is now my current one, so I need to 'force' a sync with CC.  Upon relaunch, as suggested, I just go round the same problem. So the server won't accept that the version I'm using is the one I want to use.

Thanks in advance of some sane advice

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem syncing with current catalog

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Having run into an error with my current version of my catalog in Lightroom Classic CC, I restored to yesterday's backup.  However, when I try to sync with Lightroom CC I get an error message stating 'Problem syncing with current catalog.  This apppears to be a duplicate or automatically created backup of your catalog. As it may not be current, sync has been disabled for this catalog.  To make this your sync catalog, please relaunch Lightroom and enable sync.'

The statement is correct, it's a backup copy, but it is now my current one, so I need to 'force' a sync with CC.  Upon relaunch, as suggested, I just go round the same problem. So the server won't accept that the version I'm using is the one I want to use.

Thanks in advance of some sane advice

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micheal,

That isn't a great user experience as you're getting an error message " Problem syncing with current catalog" while trying to sync images from Lightroom Classic , we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Could you please try the steps below:

1) Close Lightroom

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata​

OR Select the option: Classic -> Preferences -> Lightroom Sync -> Press alt/option -> Click on Rebuild Sync data.

2) Delete the above folder Sync.lrdata

3) Restart Lightroom and resume sync

See Lightroom Classic: "Problem Syncing With Current Catalog" EVERY TIME (Lightroom Classic CC Bug) | Ph... ​for reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me there was no Sync.lrdata folder!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location has been changed recently. It is now in your catalog folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0