• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem to open LR and smart previews storage

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good afternoon, till two days ago I used to open LR with the icon in the tool bar. However now I got a message saying that LR can not open the Catalog because LR can not write changes in that location. The catalog was stored in an external hard drive together with previews and smart previews catalogs, but it allways was there in the external drive.

Then, I moved the catalog to the hard drive and it works, but  I don't have the smart previews that remained in the external drive. I don't have enough space in the hard drive to store the smart previews catalog.

I have also tried to open LR and then press "ALT+Shift" in order to personalize the location of smart previews and standard previews catalogs but it doesn't work...CAn you help?

many thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the cache and other LrData folders must be moved with the catalog as they are a matched set. If you move only the catalog, the other folders will be recreated at the new location and filled in on an "as needed" basis.

There is nothing wrong with leaving the catalog on the external drive. You just need to correct the "cannot write" problem. Using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder, check the drive permissions and folder permissions to make sure you have READ and WRITE access. Sometimes, for not explained reasons, LR sometimes needs the READ and WRITE access added to the "everyone" group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many thanks Joe, I'll try and come back if necessary. Have a nice day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines