• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems playing slideshow in LRC 9.3

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until the 9.3 update my LRC slideshow playback of my 1500+ pictures from 2020 had been fast with no obvious problems. Since then my playback previews very slowly and hangs up almost every time. (spinning pimwheel, lightroom not responding).Haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Any ideas on why and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating for you.

As a workaround though, you can 'down-version' back to what you were using in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.

At least that would get you going again.

Please post your ecosystem specs for us here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very similar situation for me in 9.4, except I'm trying to export a video slideshow in 1080p, about 480 images all Tiff files

Application not responding, progress bar sticks at about 10% - and stayed there for 9 hours overnight last time I tried with these files

It does from time to time use some CPU (18-20%  then down to single digits)

Running on OSX High Sierra 109.13.6

Lots of free memory available, ditto disk space, not all CPU being utilised...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all this time I am still unable to play slideshows with over 500 pics. None of the suggestions seemed to help. Running LRC 9.4. Need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it may or may not be the case that just playing a video uses it, but have you tried looking at the size of the video cache? Set from preferences\performance

As is typical of Adobe, on the Mac at least, the behaviour is bizarre; e.g. if you set a maximum size you can purge it but if you let it be unlimited then you can't choose to purge it yourself.

If you don't currently have limit set, you might choose to se an arbitrary one, purge and then set it back to unlimited

If you do have a limit set, then purge it and either up the limit or set it to unlimited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did some further investigation on exporting video. Just hangs if you try to export too many images as a slideshow - posted here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/video-slideshow-not-working-in-lrc-9-4-above-some-l...

For me the limit is somewhere between 257 and 427

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines