• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Relaunch Lightroom Classic...Now Lightroom will not start

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie - learning, but still a newbie. I use Version 9.3 on a laptop (windows 10). What I saw upon opening Lightroom was "Relaunch Lighroom with this Catalog? Do you want to relaunch Lightroom with C:\Users\summe\pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat?" (And as an aside -  I don't know why it says "summe" -  My full user name is summerlee340.) Before I asked my question just now: I looked up info on this situation in the Lightroom Classic Help Forum and there's several mentions of a lock file or .lrcat.lock (I may have spelled it incorrectly) ) but I don't see any file in my files that has the word lock in it.,, Just that I have what I think are two Lightroom Catalogs one is a regular LR catalog and I believe I created one that is a Fireworks photo catalog. (Sorry for the newness) Anyhow, I clicked on the "Relaunch" button and nothing happened. I went to start Lightroom and it would not open. How can I get it back? I'm trying to stay calm.  One more thing: I saw somesone mention pressing "alt" while attempting to open LR, so I tried pressing "Alt" while trying to open LR on my desktop, I saw a "menu" but didn't know what to do next. Thanks all for your patience. Donna 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows explorer, please double-click on each catalog file to open it. What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to File Explorer (renamed from Windows Explorer) and double clicked. Nothing happened. Here are two cell phone shots of my laptop. I remember I created the Fireworks Catalog to see "what would happen"....I don't need it and someone was saying just keep ONE catalog. I am a not a professional photographer - I just take tons of photos of wildlife, flowers and some people. 

Are you able to see my attachments??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No attachments. You can't send attachments via e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't send them by email. I attached them to my last message. But now that I'm in "reply" mode I'm not seeing that I can attach them. Are you still able to help with my original question of "Lost" LRC? And I appreciate your helping me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dj_Paige - I just created a new post regarding the same topic of "Relaunch catalog - Lightroom won't open". I was able to attach two attachments. I hope you can see it.   Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines