• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rendering difference between Lightroom 6.14 and Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer and installed Lightroom Classic.  My old computer has Lightroom 6.14 installed.

In looking at pictures that I've developed in both systems, I noticed that Lightroom Classic turns slightly out of focus areas into a harsh looking mush, while 6.14 holds on to more detail.  Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Need to see screen shot from both system but more than likely your monitor profile on the newer system is corrupted. you could also try turning off the option to use the GPU in the LR preferences on the Performance tab on the newer system running LR Classic 9.2 and TEST.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to see screen shot from both system but more than likely your monitor profile on the newer system is corrupted. you could also try turning off the option to use the GPU in the LR preferences on the Performance tab on the newer system running LR Classic 9.2 and TEST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response.  I just turned off the GPU acceleration and had a 100% improvement.  Do you know why this makes such a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have GPU on, it performs the actual profile conversion from the source profile and into your monitor profile (the source profile being linear TRC ProPhoto in Lr Develop).

Whether it's a broken monitor profile or a buggy video driver can sometimes be two sides to the same coin. It's not unthinkable that replacing the monitor profile would also fix it. One "marginal" component can cause another to fail.

GPU resident color management is well known to be less reliable than doing it in the CPU the traditional way. It's probably done to simplify the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines