• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting "edit in Photoshop 2020" from Lightroom Classic not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my software today and when I select "Edit in Photoshop 2020" from Lightroom Classic, it says it cannot launch Photoshop 2020 after about 3 minutes, then opens it in Photoshop 2020 as a tif.  What has gone wrong?  I have deadlines...  Please help.

Lightroom Classic 9.2

Adobe Photoshop 21.0.3

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Thank you for this - it did not solve my problem, but very useful regardless.  

I uninstalled the pre-CC version of Lightroom (v.6) on my computer, and the problem went away. I don't know why but at least I am back up and running. 

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your Lightroom Classic and Photoshop appear to be up to date. Make sure the Camera raw plugin in Photoshop is also updated to 12.2 .

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is. I wish it wasn't - that would be an easy fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  In case you are curious, I did solve the problem by uninstalling the pre-CC Lightroom (v6) from my computer.  I don't know why it worked, but I am back up and running which is all that matters.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just because you stated you are running MACOS Catalina

So, increased security in Catalina. Outside of Lightroom, in the MACOS, bring up System Preferences. Select Security and Privacy. Select the Privact tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic and while you are at it for Photoshop, make sure all the boxes are checked

1DCDEAFE-C5DC-404B-AC7F-7053EA7C9FC2.png.

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

https://www.howtogeek.com/443611/how-macos-catalinas-new-security-features-work/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - it did not solve my problem, but very useful regardless.  

I uninstalled the pre-CC version of Lightroom (v.6) on my computer, and the problem went away. I don't know why but at least I am back up and running. 

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good Kathy.

In the interest of getting on with it and until any further solutions override your fix , i have marked this post as finalised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem. What exactly did you do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I had this exact problem. My computer didin't delete the previous verson of PHOTOSHOP, so go into programs and if it's there delete it and it's applications (not the 2020 updated version, the one prior) and you should be good to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines