• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still working with Lightroom 6...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my laptop to Mac OS Catalina. But I still have a few 32 bit apps that I use occasionally - among them Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Lightroom 6. So I decided to create an external boot drive with an install of the last OS than can run 32 bit apps - Mojave. So far, so good. But trying to install and authorise my Adobe products on this drive is a nightmare. They were previously running fine on Mojave on this laptop. Before someone advises me to upgrade to Creative Cloud I should say that I am only an occasional user of Creative Suite - a handful of times a year - but when I do need it I find it really useful. I use Lightroom more often but not heavily - that is why I bought the standalone version.

When I try and validate Lightroom I get 'Serial Number your provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer'. It then gives me a drop down list of versions of Lightroom from 1-5, none of which I have. I do have Lightroom 6 though which is what my serial no relates to. That is confirmed when I go to my order history on https://account.adobe.com.

Any advice on getting round this issue? I am having a similar issue authorising Creative Suite 6. Is Adobe just making life difficult so people are forced to join Creative Cloud? For me, I can't justify spending around 6000 UKP for 10 years to use software that I rarely need.

Thanks, Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your serial number for LR 6 is an upgrade serial number, rather than a full-purchase-price serial number. So you have to provide the serial number from an earlier version of Lightroom as well as your LR 6 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm - I'm not sure where that will be but will have a look.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my purchase page in Adobe it lists a serial no after v6 and it also lists that I have purchased v4 but there is no serial no beside that. That's not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my v4 serial no. so now Lightroom is running. Thanks for your help. No luck yet with Creative Suite - it says 'We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.'

But Adobe Support Advisor no longer exists.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older versions of many Adobe software cannot be installed on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware of the limtation with Catalina which is why I have followed this procedure in the first place - see my first post.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got any ideas re. Creative Suite 6 install - it says 'We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.' But Adobe Support Advisor no longer exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no help with ideas- just a link with Creative Suite problems-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/transferring-photoshop-cs6-to-a-new-computer/m-p/10956040#M...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a couple of relevant points.

Did you have Lightroom 6 activated on your Laptop prior to the Catalina upgrade?

Is it still installed on the Laptop in the main partition?

Did you deactivate and uninstall before installing Catalina on the second, partition with Mohave?

Adobe allows 2 Activated installations of Lightroom 6 at any point in time.

Adobe utilizes the Adobe Creative Cloud app to monitor this process.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines