• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage of original raw files

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When photos are originally loaded into Lightroom (mobile), the original raw files are uploaded and stored in the cloud. I assume. But when you synchronize with Lightroom Classic, the those raw files are downloaded and stored locally. (At least, if you look for the folder in Lightroom Classic, it points to a local library file (zip file?)). My question is this. When a photo, originally loaded and stored into the cloud, is synched with Lightroom Classic, is the original raw no longer stored in the cloud or does it remain there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC LR Classic only downloads a Smart Preview. But I am not really sure as I only have done this once or twice as a test and that was several months or 1+ years ago.

Simplest thing to do is look at the folder on your local computer that all Synced files are stored in in LR Classic. It should show in the Folders section of LR Classic and be listed in the LR Classic Preferences on the LR Sync tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you activate sync in Lr-Classic it DOES download the full-size files to your 'Classic' computer.

The folder path for the files is:
Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ My Pictures \ Lightroom \ Mobile Downloads.lrdata
Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Pictures / Lightroom / Mobile Downloads.lrdata
This is a fixed location, regardless of where you store your catalog. They show in the Folders panel as an additional drive.

You can change this folder location in Preferences / Lightroom Sync tab. And you can move the files from the default location to the location of your choice.

Some have asked the question- how to make more room in the Cloud for my photos? One answer that needs expanding is - (AFTER they have synced down to Classic!) Remove [Delete] photos from the [All Synced Photographs] list (Deletes from the Cloud).

Now if you want these photos 'back' in the Cloud - Place them in a Classic Collection and 'Sync' this collection back to the Cloud as Smart Previews that do NOT occupy any of your Cloud space.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines