• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The File appears to be unsupported or damaged

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All images from my Sony A7II show up in lightrooms library OK, as soon as I try to go to the develop module I get "The File appears to be unsupported or damaged"

I can open the files in Bridge, ACR & Photoshop. but not lightroom.

Pictures taken on the same day with a 5DIII work OK. I have checked for updates and it tells me I have the most up to date version ! Is lightroom just for tethered capture ? because as it stands right now it is completely useless for my Sony.

I am toying with getting the latest A7R2, but if that won't work either what's the point in having lightroom. Might as well just stick with Bridge & ACR, or even Affinity Photo, that works OK with the same Sony files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Actually went on Adobe site and found a contact button, got through straight away on a chat now, and the problem is now solved. The agent went in to the activity monitor and forced all adobe applications to quit. he then deleted the 1.0 folder, then found another whatever it is called.dat file and deleted that. Then uninstalled lightroom, re installed it and we are up and running at 2015.8.

Way to go Adobe... Thanks for all who tried to help, Normski

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paige - could you elaborate on this? Do you mean a bad hard drive or memory card? What diagnostics do you suggest to run?

I have a set of DNG’s in LR that are showing this error and the strange thing is they were processed and delivered to client some time ago but of the whole shoot the only ones showing the error are ones that are flagged and 1-starred in LR. Images from right next to those that are not tagged in any way are not corrupted. Unless LR rewrites something to the file when it’s flagged or starred, then theoretically wouldn‘t those files be stored right next to each other on the disk?

And the files are indeed corrupted. Not able to be opened into Photoshop, ACR, or recognized by DNG Converter either. And the corrupted files have been pushed out to my backups as well so I’m hoping that I‘m able to locate an uncorrupted version. This is a big deal and I’m trying to understand so thanks in advance.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andyherbick  wrote

could you elaborate on this? Do you mean a bad hard drive or memory card? What diagnostics do you suggest to run?

Not memory card, computer memory chips. You can run diagnostic programs that check the health of your hard disk and computer memory, there are free programs available to do these checks.

LR should write the star to DNG files in the metadata section; it should not edit or touch the pixels of the image in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem i have canon 5Div and 5D mark ii efter edit with topazlabs plugin

the file appears to be unsupported or damaged lightroom - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have the same problem i have canon 5Div and 5D mark ii efter edit with topazlabs plugin

the file appears to be unsupported or damaged lightroom -"

There are plenty of suggestions in this thread. Please try them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines