Highlighted

Transferring software

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought a reconditioned 2015 MacBook. When I tried to transfer my Lightroom 5 from my old laptop hard drive it wouldn't go because the MacBook won't accept it. 
Is there anyway round this?

If not and I have to buy new Lightroom software will I be able to access my catalogues from the old hard drive?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transferring software

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought a reconditioned 2015 MacBook. When I tried to transfer my Lightroom 5 from my old laptop hard drive it wouldn't go because the MacBook won't accept it. 
Is there anyway round this?

If not and I have to buy new Lightroom software will I be able to access my catalogues from the old hard drive?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I tried to transfer my Lightroom 5 from my old laptop hard drive it wouldn't go because the MacBook won't accept it."

What operating system is being used on the reconditioned MacBook? Please give us the version NUMBER and not words like "recent" or "up-to-date".

How did you do the transfer, step-by-step? What does "won't accept it" mean? Exactly what happens? Explain in detail. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1