• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Unexpected error opening catalog' occurs in Lightroom after Windows 10 upgrade

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: was already able to resolve the issue. I was wrong about the catalog not being corrupted, it seems it was, on both computers, and I was able to restore a backup version that worked.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10. I installed Lightroom Classic on the new computer using the Creative Cloud Desktop, and copied the whole folder containing the catalog to the new computer. However, Lightroom cannot open the catalog on the new computer, it shows the 'Unexpected error opening catalog' error. See also the attached screenshot.

I already found the following page, but none of the solutions worked:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/error---unexpected-error-opening-catalog--occurs-in-lig...

Regarding Solution 1, the package was already installed, I choose the repair option, but the issue remained. Regarding Solution 2, it did not help, the same for Solution 3.

The catalog works fine on my old computer, so I do not think it is corrupt. Both my old computer and the new computer are running the latest versions of Lightroom Classic.

Any advice on how to solve this would be highly appreciated!

Regards, Robert

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confused, old problem fixed or new problem looking for help on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
All problems fixed! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines