Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to the 9.4 lightroom Classic and wondering how to retrieve my presets

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I had to update my lightroom as my older version could not support my camera files and was tired of converting them. I first had to update my mac to Catalina in order to do so. When all was finished updating, I opened my last catalog with Lightroom 9.4 and I saw that my presets did not transfer. I researched how to find my presets in order to import them in my new lightroom, following all of the right steps ( User - Library - Appications - Adobe - etc) and all "Develop presets" or "user presets" folder were empty. I tried opening my older version of Lightroom CC and it keeps crashing - it is not compatible anymore. I am not restoring my computer to the older software, so my question is : 

Will I be able to export my presets from my older lightroom CC, then re-upgrade my computer software to Catalina, then import this presets folder to the new Lightroom 9.4 ? Will the presets be compatible? I simply cannot imagine losing all of my editing workflow.

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant "I am NOW restoring my mac to the older software version"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines