Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

virtual copy metadata sync

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 've the following problem .

I've made a virtual copy of several raw files to have a backup while doing some external operation over xmp file ( adding GPS data and so on )

Then I read the metadata from modified xmp file and the raw files have their associated metadata updated .

Among the other data modified is the Timezone and Time .

Since the virtual copy still presented the original time and timezone I tried to cync metadata between the raw file and its virtual copu but the data and timezone were not affected

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Sync and Copy Metadata have never included the ability to copy capture time -- it seems like a strange omission to me.  You could file a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Family Customer Community . (Adobe wants all product feedback posted there -- they rarely participate in this forum, which is primarily user-to-user.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint, Virtual copies are simply "Virtual" they are not actual image files. The info about the virtual copies is stored in the Lightroom Catalog file.

When you select a virtual copy in Lightroom the original file is used by Lightroom and the info about the virtual copy from the Catalog is utilized to render and display the "VC".

Also be aware if you delete or remove the original file you will also loose all related "Virtual Copies"

You can get info and tutorials on line. See a related link below.

Mastering Lightroom: How to Use Virtual Copies

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I know that , but since other metadata gets correctly update when I sync them I wonder why the time is not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sync and Copy Metadata have never included the ability to copy capture time -- it seems like a strange omission to me.  You could file a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Family Customer Community . (Adobe wants all product feedback posted there -- they rarely participate in this forum, which is primarily user-to-user.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines