• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the Nikon Z6 Camera Matching Profiles?

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, most of the Nikon Z6 camera matching profiles have disappeared from LR. It used to have the full set found on the Z6 camera, but now has only 11. Is this an issue with my LR install or has Adobe removed the profiles?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the update to Lightroom Classic 9.2 Adobe has made introduced new procedures for creating Default Develop settings for individual camera models. You can see info about this in the Top post in this forum. The link below also provides additional details on how to proceed with the process.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v... 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the article you linked to is about the new behaviour of default import presets for cameras.

I asked why over half of the "camera matching" profiles in the Develop Profile Browser have disappeared for the Nikon Z6. 

Prior to the last update, the list you can see below was a lot longer. Is this a configuration hiccup on my Lightroom install, or have Adobe removed a large swathe of profiles for the Nikon Z?

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 06.51.11.png

Regards, Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

I imported a sample Z 6 from dpreview.com into LR 8.2.1, and it shows the same 11 Camera Matching profiles as for my LR 9.2:

Untitled.png

So I think your current LR installation is fine. Without seeing a screenshot of what you were seeing before, it's hard to know why you saw an abnormally large number of Camera Matching profiles.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a holder of a Z6, so downloaded a sample. Brought it into Develop, and the following screenshopt shows 11 Camera Matching Profiles.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 6.38.14 PM.png

Now looking online,  (  source ) I see that the Nikon Z6 comes with Picture Controls, the normal ones being: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape and Flat. And those are included (with 5 Monochromes)

Did the Camera Matching profiles in previous version of LRC include the " Gimmick Picture Controls" (Creative Picture Controls), those being:Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary and Carbon????

" Gimmick Picture Controls", not my words, that is from the source I listed above

Follwup/ I see in the online manual, Nikon calls those Creative Picture Controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David for doing the research. Yep, before the last update I did have the "gimmick" (harsh!)picture controls available, two of which I found useful.

I'm just curious as to why Adobe dropped them.

Hmmm.... well I suppose I'll just have to desaturate and lower the contrast the old fashioned way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm just curious as to why Adobe dropped them."

It appears to be an unintentional bug. Those "picture control" profiles are available for the Z 7 in LR 9.2, and the .xmp files defining them for the Z 6 are present in LR 9.2, e.g. on Mac:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/Adobe/Profiles/Camera/Nikon/Nikon Z 6/Nikon Z 6 Camera Melancholic.xmp

But LR 9.2 isn't reading them for some reason, though LR 9.1 did.

I recommend you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. 

I will submit a report and follow your tips.

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note to express my gratitude for the researched responses I received for this post. Thank you.

I'll wait to see what Adobe do with the support request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post any response or updates... This "bug" slows my workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

this topic is now merged into: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-specific-profiles-missing-once-updatin...

If you haven't already, follow the linked topic for updates (and add yourself to MeToo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged the bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-specific-profiles-missing-once-updatin...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  

Adobe rarely indicates ahead of time when a bug will be fixed, but new versions come out about once every two months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines