• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White space around image is now printing as gray after updating to Big Sur?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posed this question to another forum, but it probably would do better here.

I recently updated my Mac to Big Sur and Lightroom Classic to 10.0.0 and just started to run into an issue with my prints from Lightroom.

I hope I can describe the problem I'm running into effectively. When printing from Lightroom classic using the Single Image / Contact Sheet Layout (I'm going to guess all layouts actually) and a custom printer profile is used, the white space created on the top/bottom or sides of the image to center the image in the framing boxes on the page will get printed. That is, instead of starting the laying down of ink when the image begins, it will lay down ink starting from the box the image is centered in where it should be paper white. I use a black and gray ink only printer profile which makes this white space about a middle gray so this is very noticeable. Other profiles I've used like from Epson, it's a very faint gray which is less noticeable, but it still will lay down that ink when it actually should just be paper white and skipped. Also, within the actual image where it is white, the printed part remains white. It only seems to affect the Lightroom created white space around the image.

There is also an option in the print module called "Page Background Color". If that is set as white, it will print as gray also.

I've tried older versions of Lightroom Classic, and it still happens with those. My best guess is that it has something to do with Big Sur, but it could be new Epson print drivers that seemed to have been republished in June that I needed to use to get my Epson to print at all in Big Sur.

I think with normal printer profiles, it isn't super noticeable, but the fact that it's laying down ink where it should be paper white, no matter how little when it shouldn't be printed at all and skipped over, is a problem.

I was curious if anyone else has run into this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with Big Sur > LrC and your Printer Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. The white space created on the sides or top and bottom to help center an image in a cell is printing as gray. This was not an issue when I was on Catalina. I tried previous versions of Lightroom Classic, and those seem to be behaving the same problematic way. Capture one prints do not exhibit this problem. Feels like Big Sur is possibly exposing a weird bug in Lightroom Classic that wasn't an issue before? I have no idea what's going on, but it is driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines