• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the hardware acceleration for AMD FirePro cards is not supported by Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the OpenCL-based hardware acceleration for AMD FirePro cards is not supported by Lightroom and Photoshop while Premiere, AfterEffects and Media Encoder do support it?

Even Capture One does fully support OpenCL, and on my FirePro S9150 it can export 100 RAWs per minute using only GPU resources.

Also, Lightroom does not detect popular and not so old Nvidia RTX 1080 and RTX 2080 grapgic cards on many systems. All the drivers are the latest, Win10 OS is up-to-date.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share more details - I see AMD FirePro as supporteed: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Same for Nvidia RTX.

Exact version of Lightroom Classic?
What does it show in the GPU tab?

Exact version of driver?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the screenshot below, FirePro cards are officially NOT supported by Adobe Lightroom. As for some Nvidia models, I don't know why does it happen. I have on my system both Nvidia GeForge GTX 680 and AMD FirePro S9150, and both cards work perfectly with Capture One and Adobe Premiere Pro as good as with After Effects and Media Encoder. FirePro fastens rendering operations approx. by 5 times. Capture One bakes 22-megapixel RAWs as 100 per min with this card and the bottleneck here is the HDD reading speed. Lightroom Classic (latest version, 9.4 build 202008061458-dbb2971e) only can detect my old GTX 680 made on 2012 and does not see FirePro produced on 2014.

Radeon Pro Software - 20.Q3.1 Enterprise Edition,

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) OS - the latest version 10.0.18363
RAM - 16 GB
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Some people familiar to me meet similar troubles with popular, not too old and widespread RTX cards of some models. They are not present in the list.

2020-09-27_22-15-40.png2020-09-19_16-53-37.png2020-09-19_16-25-51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The forums is primarily User to User and not suited to the question you're asking. Therefore, I suggest you ask the question again at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874   as there's more chance of an Adobe response there than here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines