Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

work with lightroom classic without to be signed in

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there a way to work with lightroom classic on the desktop without that i'm signed in. The moment i sign out Lightroom is closing the application. Now as fotographer it happens quite some times, that no internet is available.. what is Adobe's answer for offline working with lightroom?

In photoshop it's working.. i can logoff and continue.

Thanks for feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do need to have internet connection whenever you sign in, or whenever you access your cloud storage and in order to sync with that.

But if you do not sign out, you can continue using Lightroom Classic on the same computer, accessing local storage, even over a period of days or weeks when you do not have internet connection.

E.g. during a trip with a laptop computer, without constant internet, you can still import photos into the laptop (or into an external drive), and edit those normally - using a LR Classic Catalog inside that laptop or inside that external drive. This is the key difference between LR (cloud) and LR Classic (local). When you return from your trip you can plan to transfer these freshly taken photo files into main photo storage, and to merge all their editing metadata into a main Catalog, as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Richard mentioned they key is not to sign out. I am always on the go and most of the time have no internet and use Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and other apps on my Macbook without problems. When I am on wifi access I am logged in automatically.

Is there a reason you sign out??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You can't Work with any modern, subscription based, Adobe program without being Sign In.

Your problem is caused by you Signing out of the program and when you do that when you open LrC again you have to Sign back in (and more than likely the CC desktop app also).

Just STOP Signing Out. There is no logical reason to Sign out of the Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard, hello Geoff

Thank you very much for the answer...

Yes there is a reason i log off. I use my tool as offline tools (photoshop still works like that).. i dont' use creative cloud to save my work.. that's why i'm looking to to work offline with lightroom same way as with photoshop. If it's not working anymore (before it was too) seems, that the time have come to look for another product that is still able working without cloud or that you at least can logoff after starting the software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic works fine without being connected to the Internet. Just don't sign out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, your files are locally stored and your Catalog is locally stored.

Lightroom Classic does not depend on the cloud except for some optional functions, and for verifying your current subscription status each time you sign in or out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify one thing. Signing out deactivates the programs. So do not sign out.

The purpose of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is to:

Install the Creative Cloud Apps

Update/Upgrade the Creative Cloud App

Activate the Creative Cloud Apps

Deactivate the Creative Cloud Apps

Accreditation the Creative Cloud Apps with Adobe Servers

Authenticate license with Adobe Servers

Uninstall Creative Cloud Apps

And as to your issue, do not sign out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

Thanks for the feedbacks.

I understand that Adobe want to check my license.. but that's very easy then you buy the subscriptsion for a year with start and end date... so in IT word .. silly to check but NO reason to be signed in to work with a program you pay for... They only want to get the data in the cloud. that's fine as long as ME can decide if i want that or not.. Adobe get 's on the way like apple .. take FULL CONTROL of customer data and that is not acceptable. Sorry ... as i said.. there are alternatives out there.. perhaps to have a look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They only want to get the data in the cloud.

Adobe get 's on the way like apple .. take FULL CONTROL of customer data

Utter nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you seek professional help.

Best of luck to you in all your endeavors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines