• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masks in LrC need constant updating

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having Ai mask issues in LrC? Generative ai - for example, I remove, come back to photo and says "Some Remove settings need to be updated". Update All button, but, I come back and still need to update again. I've searched the web, but very little, but recent which makes me think it's a new problem.
Ai Masks are the same.
I'm all up to date on Mac and LrC updates.
Read/write on Cat locations.
It's stopping me from delivering weddings SkyPhotography_0-1722527530423.png

Is anyone else getting super frustrated out there?
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

These symptoms can occur when LR can't write the .lrcat-data file for some reason, either because LR has corrupted it or there is a permissions issue. LR stores computed masks in that file. Creating a new catalog would have created a new .lrcat-data file. 

For reference by future readers, it isn't necessary to create a new catalog. Instead, do these steps:

1. In LR, do Edit > Catalog Settings > General > Show. That will open Windows File Explorer on the current catalog folder.

2. Exit LR.

3. Move

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of other reports is an indication that it's not a common problem, and I don't think I've seen anything like you describe.

Are these photos synced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

It's only been in the last week and 4 complete weddings edited!

I'm in a Photographers Facebook group, and others are reporting the same issue.

I'm not using syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on a MAC, but is something going wrong with the access rights to the file .lrcat-data  ??

90.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These symptoms can occur when LR can't write the .lrcat-data file for some reason, either because LR has corrupted it or there is a permissions issue. LR stores computed masks in that file. Try these steps:

1. In LR, do Edit > Catalog Settings > General > Show. That will open Windows File Explorer on the current catalog folder.

2. Exit LR.

3. Move the file <catalog>.lrcat-data to the Desktop.

4. Start LR.

5. In Library, select all photos and do Photo > Develop Settings > Update AI Settings. That will recompute all the AI masks, which could take a while. But it won't update Generative Removes, so you'll have to go to each photo with Remove, click on Remove, and then Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've also been experiencing the same issue for the past two weeks, and it's quite frustrating. I tried everything. I contacted Adobe support, but they couldn't access my machine. I installed updates, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted, and even restored a backup of my computer—I tried everything, and nothing worked. When I reopened LR, it asked me to update the last catalog I was using, and the same problem occurred.

Solution? I just created a new catalog since someone mentioned that the previous one might be corrupted, and voilà—it seems to be working fine now. This is something that tech support could have told me. As mentioned earlier, it's disappointing to pay for a subscription and not have effective solutions.

[Moved to Lightroom Classic forum by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming a lr question.

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop"> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These symptoms can occur when LR can't write the .lrcat-data file for some reason, either because LR has corrupted it or there is a permissions issue. LR stores computed masks in that file. Creating a new catalog would have created a new .lrcat-data file. 

For reference by future readers, it isn't necessary to create a new catalog. Instead, do these steps:

2. Exit LR.

3. Move the file <catalog>.lrcat-data to the Desktop.

4. Start LR.

5. In Library, select all photos and do Photo > Develop Settings > Update AI Settings. That will recompute all the AI masks, which could take a while. But it won't update Generative Removes, so you'll have to go to each photo with Remove, click on Remove, and then Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines