• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I stream MPEG Dash from AMS?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I stream MPEG Dash from AMS 5.06/5.07?

Loads of talk about AMS DASH support but I am unable to find a concrete example.

Thanks,

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe supports only HDS(its own standard for http streaming) and HLS(apple's streaming format) for http streaming...I am not aware of details of MPEG-DASH...However their will certainly be similarities between HDS and MPEG-DASH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Why is Adobe toting MPEG-DASH support in its AMS marketing material? This is misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPEG-DASH support is part of Adobe Primetime initiative and is still not in public domain.

AMS does not support MPEG DASH...You should check your sources who gave you that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you read 2012 headlines like Adobe announces support for MPEG-DASH streaming standard I guess I might think the Adobe Media Server would be the starting point for inclusion of the standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can i say? ...That is the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines