Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clearOnAppStop - where does it belong? Application.xml

Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the documentation about using clearOnAppStop, but its not clear what file its supposed to be put into!?

Does it belong in Application.xml?  Event.xml?  httpd.conf?  main.asc?  In the HTML of the player?????

Sorry, I'm far from an expert on all of this stuff.  I have been able to successfully publish multibitrate HDS and HLS, but I'd like the stream files to go away.

Update: I added the recommended configuration to the Application.xml file:

<Application>

<ScriptEngine>

<ApplicationObject>

<config>

<clearOnAppStop>true</clearOnAppStop>

</config>

</ApplicationObject>

</ScriptEngine>

</Application>

After 600 seconds of inactivity, the stream files, and the directory they were in, were removed.  I found helpful info about this here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/755484

Also, I'm assuming that this setting has no affect on the livepkgr/events/_definst_/<event>/*.stream files?

Is there a way to clean up the events?  I'm creating a unique event and stream names for each event, and when the event is over, it will never be used again.

Update: I still haven't found an automatic way to remove the event files.

Thanks!

-bos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

clearOnAppStop is not something which AMS server does it for you. It is jus that the default livepkgr application that is shipped with AMS uses this flag to do cleanup, when the aplication stops.

It is just that, AMS allows scripts to acess configuration variables in Application.xml if specified under certain specific tags and hence the livepkgr tries to store one such variable in Application.xml...I would prefer top have this variable in Applicatios; own copy of applicatyion.xml rather than mentioning it it server's copy of Application.xml...It makes no sense in having this variable(specific to a given application) specified in Server level Application.xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines