• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need Adobe Media Server to do Live Stream?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read instructions [Webcasting live video with Flash Media Live Encoder | Adobe Developer Connection ] that say to use Flash Media Server, but then I see the new version is Adobe Media Server, but I can't download it, though I have an Adobe subscription.  It says it costs $995.  Is Media Server essential to Live Stream or is there another Adobe ap?  Do I instead need to use a third party internet media server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription or not, AMS is a standalone application and costs extra. There are a couple of other options out there for live streaming on the internet like Wowza and Red5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if one time cost is your main concern then you can opt for Adobe media server on AWS(Amazon market place), which you can run under licensing/subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines