Exit

Flash Media Server help needed!

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have few queries on Flash Media Server:

My Requirements

1. First requirement is to broadcast a live event through a website. So I need to develop an application to capture the event using a cam (I don't want to use Media Encoder) and I need to create a player for the web site.
2. Second requirement is, in a webpage need to display the same live streaming event,
also need to display another 8 live videos (which capture the webcam of 8 different users). Basically can I do multiple streaming how can I handle

Questions:
a. Can I use Flash Media Server to meet the above requirements?
b. I have a dedicated server for FMS and I have webhost for hosting the website. Since FMS and the web hosting are different server, will FMS communicate with the hosting server?
c. What is the minimum config for the hosting server? Is it better to go for some Unmetered Servers?

Please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Requirement:

1. You basically need to develop a client (either say using Flash or Flex) which will take input from you webcam or camera drivers and stream to FMS. Similarly you can develop player using Flash and Flex which will stream from FMS.

2. This can be handled by having more than one video components at your client end.

Questions:

1. You can surely use FMS for streaming part of it.

2. It should not be a problem according to me , you might just need to do some security settings if you want others not to connect to your FMS.

3. Not sure about this , will try to find out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines