Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS high more and more cpu,memory usage as time goes on

Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use two-level architectrue to construct web cam application. One origin server with two edge servers connecting to it. If user A conncect to origin server and publish stream to origin directly, subcribers connecting to edge node, and watch streams, both origin and edge are stable for long time.

But, if user A connect to edge node, and publish to it, subscribers are still connect to edge and watch stream from edge, neigher origin nor edge are unstable. The cpu and memory usage grows higher and higher as time goes on. Two or three days later, servers are not available, then we need to restart FMS.

cpu.png

memory.png

please be aware that we restart fms at the both vallies of phyical_mem digram.

So, here my questions

1: why servers are unstable if we publish to edge instead of origin

2: is there alternative solution, because many user from diff geo with diff isp will publish streams at the same time, bandwidth is not ensured if all of them connect to origin directly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean when you say "publish" to edge? I suppose you mean publish via Edge (server configured to act as Edge Server)

I am not sure if publishing via Edge serves any purpose in terms of load balancing. Publishing should only be done at origin. Now if you want to load balance publishing you can use Origin-Origin configuration and use feature like Multi-point publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines