• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I check to see if there is an active AMS stream using ColdFusion?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active AMS server that is receiving input from another computer running Flash Media Live Encoder. The AMS server then provides a feed using the livepkgr application for consumption through a JWPlayer on a ColdFusion page. Is it possible for ColdFusion Server to somehow hit the AMS server and find out if there is an active / published stream or not?

Ideally, I'd like to build a page that automatically displays the JWPlayer when there is a livepkgr feed that is published / active and hide the JWPlayer when the AMS server is not serving any active streams. We are standardized on ColdFusion server so any direction or even CF code that will help me ping the AMS server for that info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

You should hit the AMS admin API to get to know the active live streams on livepkgr app.

This is how Admin API can be called on HTTP http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_AdminGuide/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f292633e-7ff8.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f292633e-7ffb

This is how you get the active live streams:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/adminapi/WSa4cb07693d12388431df580a12a34991ebc-8000.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a0d3edb98-7fe7AdminAPI

This is how to configur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should hit the AMS admin API to get to know the active live streams on livepkgr app.

This is how Admin API can be called on HTTP http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_AdminGuide/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f292633e-7ff...

This is how you get the active live streams:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/adminapi/WSa4cb07693d12388431df580a12a34991ebc-8000.htm...

This is how to configure the AMS for running these commands. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f2925f73-7ffd.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction! I was able to call the API commands via HTTP as instructed, however, it appears that the getLiveStreams method (as well as many others) is disallowed under an AMS 5 Starter install. Within the API documents it comments that the availability of this method is limited to Flash Communication Server 1.0. Just to make sure I at least tried, I did check the Users.xml file and updated the permissions for my administrative user to allow all and deny nothing. After trying that to no success I also tried explicitly stating methods that would be allowed. This did not seem to have an impact either. I did restart the AMS from the Admin Console after each change ot the XML file.

Any additional guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess it takes more than a simple AMS restart from the Administrative Console.

To anyone who might find this useful, you will need to edit the following element in the AMS.ini file:

Users.HTTPCommand_Allow = true

Then, you will need to edit the Users.xml file in the <AdminServer><HTTPCommands> block to allow for the specific methods you want to be able to call via HTTP request. My install defaulted to allowing only ping and denying everything else.

From there, it took a hard restart of my actual server for AMS to recognize the changes in the AMS.ini and Users.xml files. Restarting from the AMS Administration Console did not do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good.. rickzki.. I like people who with a little directions and pointers, take a step forward to help themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for what Nitin said. But just curious to know what did you mean by "hard restart" of my actual server? You meant machine restart or restart of AMS and Administration Service via  Services Panel or restart via (All Programs > Adobe > Adobe Media Server > Stop & Start.

As far I know if you have just made changes to Users.xml (the ones which are needed here) - you just need to restart Adobe Media Administration Server and not actual AMS (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f292633e-7ff8.h...). But if you make changes to ams.ini (which is not needed if you have not modified default install because by default "Users.HTTPCommand_Allow" is set to true in ams.ini)

Do let us know because if there is documentation gap from our end - we can correct the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did mean a machine restart. Restarting from the Administrative Console did not appear to reload the Users.xml file properly. However, I did also experiment with restarting the AMS service under the Windows Services panel. Doing that also allowed the changes to take effect so I'll revise my statement about requiring a machine restart. If anybody else runs into the changes not being effected by a restart within the AMS Administrative Console, restarting the service should resolve the problem.

Thank you again for everybody's help!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines