Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply password on publish

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I make the server ask for password before allowing fmle stream?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Install "FLASH MEDIA SERVER AUTHENTICATION ADD-IN" and you can get it here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3 . Once you download i think it will come with some documentation on how to set it up. Once it is set up properly - when you try to publish from FMLE - FMLE will ask for username/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching before and after i post this questions and most info I get is that FMS does not "really" have some sort of authentication out of the box? Is this true? Anyone who knows my server IP can stream to it?

SOme suggest IP block method through server script. Is this the best solution? What is the user list from adobe console for? Is that not use to authenticate streaming connections with username and password?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install "FLASH MEDIA SERVER AUTHENTICATION ADD-IN" and you can get it here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3 . Once you download i think it will come with some documentation on how to set it up. Once it is set up properly - when you try to publish from FMLE - FMLE will ask for username/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines