• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get list of logged-in users from Flash Media Server in a Flash programm? (Or login/logout notifications)

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm Very sorry for asking this. I guess it's a very basic problem, but I'm very new to Flash and Flash media Server and I need a very fast answer...

Currently I'm working on a Director project using a flash program which connects to Flash Media Server (I guess version 3, it's quite old). Unfortunately they forgot to make a flash method to send the actual userlist (or a notification when someone logged in or out) to Director. AND, unfortunately, they lost the source code of that flash programm, so I cannot look into it or alter it *sigh*.

Now I want to do a new flash programm which covers the old one, letting all known methods "pass trough" and building an additional method to gain the user list (or login/out notification).

How do I get the login information from Flash Media Server? (Would be good if you could provide an idea already for flash code... as I said I'm a tard at flash till now)

Thank you so much. And I hope you understand my situation asking here...

Jana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which user list...AMS by default does not have any  user list...There is a list of users who can administer a Flash Media server/Adobe media server, but i do not think you are referring to that list.

Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I didn't specify it, sorry... So, how to explain...

There's a little flash application running on the server to which users can log in. Now I need to know which users are logged in there. Unfortunately the application has no such function, yet, and I cannot alter the application due to the missing source file. Does this information help? Can I ask the server somehow which users are logged in to a special application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logic of maintaining any user data if any(in this case list of users) resides within application logic and AMS would not know theselogical details of an application...So AMS would not be able to tell you this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hparmar : yes, that's what I feared... I hoped it would be possible to tell the server from which application I do need the login information. What a mess.

Dimo Hristov: thanks for your offer! I already tried decompiling the flash program with the shareware version of Trillix Decompiler. It only decompiled the UI (in a terrible way) but no source code at all. It was the shareware version where I can decompile 2 or 3 programms to test the software. Are you sure the non-free version of Trilix Flash Decompiler will do..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mister_Mitbewohner i was using trilix decompiler for couple of years before when i was developing flash games and websites. I'm not sure how the free version is working now, but yes the paid one did a great job for me, saving me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
i would like to help you as much as i can so here is what you can do:
as long as you don't have the source code for your flash application you can try to decompile it and then you can edit it, instead of creation of new application which is time consuming.

I will recommend you to use Trilix Flash Decompiler. It is not a free, but useful app.

So, if you have the skills, it will be easier for you to read/edit the code. However, if not, you can write me a private message and i will be glad to help.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines