• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOS play ondemand video up to 1h:11min:52s

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a weird issue when we open some big videos on IOS.

The video are longer but the IOS open it up to 1h:11m:52sec

Opening the video using http on reagular player everything works ok.

Is there some default value to change in manifest or server to let the player open the file to a longer duration?

regards

Ros

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more details about the file? Do you see any errors in error logs of Apache - if yes can you let us know what are the errors? Do other streaming protocols work fine with this file namely RTMP and HDS.

Do you have access to mediastreamvalidator tool - if yes can you run the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the other protocols everything works fine.

The problem is presento only using IOS opening the m3u8 manifest:

#EXTM3U

#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=64000

/stiletv-vod/ConvergenzeInnovationCenter.aac.m3u8

#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=300000

/stiletv-vod/ConvergenzeInnovationCenter_300.f4v.m3u8

#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=700000

/stiletv-vod/ConvergenzeInnovationCenter_700.f4v.m3u8

when i open the manifest i get only an error:

[Fri Nov 02 18:04:24 2012] [error] [client 195.60.190.156] File does not exist: /opt/adobe/fms/webroot/stiletv-vod

where stiletv-vod is the www root of the service:

<Location /stiletv-vod>
    HLSHttpStreamingEnabled true
    HLSMediaFileDuration 8000
    HttpStreamingContentPath "../webroot/stiletvvod"
    HLSFmsDirPath ".."
    HLSJITConfAllowed true

# Uncomment the following directives to enable encryption
# for this location.
#    HLSEncryptionScope server
#    HLSEncryptCipherKeyFile "../phls/vodkey.bin"
#    HLSEncryptKeyURI        "https://<ServerName>/hls-key/vodkey.bin"

Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Location>

playing with HLSMediaFileDuration i am able to get a little longer duration, using 160000 i am able to read 1h13m.00s duration

regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we upgraded from 4.5.1 to 4.5.4 and now we have a full duration of the hls-vod streaming.

The problem is not fixed at all because after 1h.11min we have only audio and not video.

I am lost about it.

Your help is appreciated

Regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way you can upload this file somewhere and we can get access to it and try to repro it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure!

ftp: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

user: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

password:XXXXXXXXXX

to play the file you may open, using an ios, the follwing url: http://

regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks about your support, I opened also a bug request about it.

regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloadind your files - its taking quite a time. Hopefully everything will be downloaded overnight - i'll check tomorrow once download is finised and get back to you.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem seems related to the handling by FMS of the large f4v files. Encoding the file using mp4 everythin glooks ok.

So i will wait your test on f4v because it is crucial to our ore business to work on f4v.

regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i know how are you encoding the files? I ran mediastreamvalidator on this stream and it gives backward timestamps error - so it might be expected that it stops while streaming at that point. Also when i play the file - after 1h.11min.34s (for me it stops here) - the rest of the file is audio only - there is no video content.

FYI - i have still filed bug at our end to see what we find and maybe we can log something to indicate some error when we encounter any such thing - will keep you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use media encoder 4 (4.0.0.374) without changing any default value at 300 and 700kbps rate.

Do you have any advice about it?

regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little confused - if you use same source and use the same encoder to encoder in "mp4" you see no issue but if you encoder it as "f4v" you see issue - is it so? I would assume then there is some issue with encoder. How was the source recorded at first place - which live encoder did you use and what were the settings? Was it live event published to AMS or was it Standalone recording of live event and then converted as you say using Media Encoder 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right.

We publish and record a live event by Adobe Live Medi Encoder. The recording format is mpeg.

The Using cs4 in post production we create the f4v and/or mp4, the mp4 doesn't have issue; the f4v has the issue.

Some parameters:

Codec:MainConcept H.264 Video

dimensioni 720*396

frequenza fotogrammi : come da sorgente

codifica bitrate : CBR

Bitrate 0.7 Mbps

Audio Codec AAC freq. 44.1 Mhz

Hope thi scan help to find the issue, that now seems related to CS4 and not FMS.

Regards

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i get you right, you saying you take "live" feed from Flash Media Live Encoder (I am assuming its FMLE as i have not heard about product called Adobe Live Medi Encoder) and then publish it to FMS and record it on FMS using some server-side code of your own and while recording you choose "mp4" as format - did i get you right? If yes - can you try below stuff

I am not sure what is the reason for post production stuff but probably before you use it post production - may be you can post process it using f4vpp and then pass it to CS4 and see if it helps resolving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes you get it, sorry about misstypes.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines