Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License needed? f4fpackager limits to 10 minute (600 s) duration

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Do I need a license to use f4fpackager to encrypt and package locally? When I try, all results are limited during the package process to 10 minutes of runtime.

I am interested in using the tool only, not the FMS/AMS. During packaging, I would get the content encryption key from a Flash Access License Server we already have in place.

Is the 10 minute limit a licensing restriction? I cannot find any information on this sort of licensing. I am not quite sure I should even need a license, either, since we do have license to the Access license server.

Anyone have experience in local f4fpackaging of >10 minute content?

Thanks,

Hans

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Yes - f4fpackager has license limit of 10 minutes and you will need AMS license in order to use its full functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - f4fpackager has license limit of 10 minutes and you will need AMS license in order to use its full functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.

I looked through the procing and features information (at

http://www.adobe.com/products/adobe-media-server-family/buying-guide-pricing.html) and am unsure which license is needed. You seem to know your way around licensing, do you know if the Standard license would be sufficient?

Thanks!

Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes our Buying needs to be updated - its not in best of the shape. Yes Standard license should suffice to go beyond 10 minute packaging - but i would recommend go through all what is available for Standard and then make informed call. I know you have said you just are interested in just packaging and Adobe Access - but anyways since you are putting in money i would just suggest putting in more thought and seeing if in future you might want to use AMS for some reason or other and then don't want to find Standard Edition limiting you. You might still go for Standard but its my duty to suggest you to make better and informed call and see if Standard or Professional would serve you better in long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what you are talking about, or may be the licensing scheme has changed over a year.

I just now saw your post and then packaged the content (15mins duration long)  using f4fpackager and it just went fine.

So my question is:-

1) May be I understood your answer wrong, the 10min time limit that you are talking about, is this time limit of AMS or f4fpackager?

2) Do we need any license we are just a Content Transcoding company? So basically if we generate Adobe HDS content for our clients to deliver to end users. Since in this case, it will be our clients who are streaming the content, and we are just packaging the content.

Do we need license just to package the content? and How come i was able to use it for 15mins? are there any other limitations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw one more query from you on another post - so just wanted to know whether you are seeing f4fpackager having limits on AMS 5.0.1 AWS AMI on EC2 or on some other standalone machine where you have AMS installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SE_0208, thanks for your responses. The limitation is only on a stand-alone installed f4fpackager. Thanks! -Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines