• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHLS stops working after 10 minutes

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new Adobe Media Server but I have run into some issues. After 10 minutes of streaming, hls stops working and gives an error 500 when you request the playlist.

[error] mod_hlshttp [500]: M3u8 generation error (Invalid time limit (possible inconsistent license configuration).) when processing /phls-live/_definst_/liveevent/low.m3

u8

I have previously set it up on the FMS 4.5 but after getting the new AMS 5.0 this error started occuring. It happens both with encryption on and off. Do you have an idea why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Starter Edition of AMS - this is expected . We have timeout for HTTP Streaming which is 10 minutes (earlier in 4.5 it was 30 minutes which we reduced to 10 minutes). But if you are not on Starter edition and have valid AMS license of any edition and you are getting timeout - please let us know as that would be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the standard $4500 license. We did however not add this license until after installation (added it to ams.ini), would that make a difference?

Update: I tried uninstalling and installing it again entering the license during installation, but I still get the same error after 10 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: When adding a serial number to the ams.ini file, add the number to the SERVER.LICENSEINFO parameter. This parameter takes a semi-colon separated list of serial numbers. The server must be restarted after adding serial numbers using this method. If you do not want to restart the server, add serial numbers using the Administration Console - the Administration server recognizes the key immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what I did and I did restart the server. As mentioned earlier I also tried to completely reinstall it and the problem persists.

If I log into the Administration Console I can see that the license is added correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you have FMS 4.5 Interactive Serial Key and have now purchased AMS 5.0 Professional Upgrade key - right? Or you have full AMS 5.0 Professional Key?

Also can you share your httpd.conf settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a full AMS 5 pro license key yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange - I am not able to repro this at my end. Please send Serial key and your httpd.conf to us - you can mail me at rchari@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you have location directive as below and i think that is was is causing an issue

<Location /overon_phls-live>

HLSHttpStreamingEnabled true

HttpStreamingLiveEventPath "/opt/adobe/ams/applications/overon_phls"

HttpStreamingContentPath "/opt/adobe/ams/applications/overon_phls"

HttpStreamingURLSandboxLevel "App"

HLSMediaFileDuration 8000

HLSSlidingWindowLength 6

HLSFmsDirPath "../.."

HLSM3U8MaxAge 2

HLSTSSegmentMaxAge -1

HLSEncryptionScope content

Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks

</Location>

Assuming you have HttpStreamingLiveEventPath  & HttpStreamingContentPath set correctly because it works for 10 minutes - the issue with your location directive is way you have configured HLSFmsDirPath

It needs to be specified as HLSFmsDirPath ".." - this path is suppose to indicate where from current "Apache" location you can find "licenses" folder of AMS. Please change this config like how it is in other location directive like "hls-live" or "hls-vod" and restart your server and try again.

Even this does not solve the issue - let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that was it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines