• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playback/combine f4f files as vod content

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After streaming a live event how can I package/combine the individual f4f stream files into a single flv file for vod playback? Is there a tool to combine them to a single file?

If not how can I chain the f4f files together so they play in order?

Thanks,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a f4vpp tool in the /opt/adobe/tools directory to combine f4f's into a flv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up removing the <segmentduration> and <diskmanagementduration> tags from my event.xml file. This looks like it will do the trick by only creating a single file that can be renamed for vod content.

Since I removed these tags I'm noticing several tmp files being created in the streams directory, is this normal? Or should I be worried and have misconfigured something?

ex: mbhsstream4.f4x.7208.tmp, mbhsstream4.f4x.7328.tmp, mbhsstream4.f4x.10697.tmp, mbhsstream4.f4x.24474.tmp

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I execute the command, what file do I use as the input file to combine all the f4f files?

.stream file,  .bootstrap, .control, .meta, .f4f? I've got about 30 .f4f and f4x files with different names.

f4vpp -i ? -o ?

Do I need to rename all the f4f files to combine them?

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ospn2012- i am not sure but i do not think f4vpp comes in default installation and secondly its not used to combine f4f into f4v or flv. It is used to just post-process f4v files recorded by FMS so that they can be played by Standalone players like VLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines