Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restreaming an existing stream from a non-FMS server

Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get an existing audio/video stream from a non-FMS server then publish that stream on my FMS server?

Accoding to the API, the NetConnection, NetStream and Stream classes can connect to a remote server given that the remote server is an FMS server.

I need to restream an audio from an existing rtmp URL but the server is not an FMS server. I can't find a way to deal with this so far.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just replied to your PM, basically you need to use NetConnection and Streams API on server-side to achieve this. Just read about Streams API and you can find in docs that Streams API allows netconnection as one of the parameters to stream from another server. So as long as your "other" server adhers to proper RTMP protocol i assume this should be doable - though i cannot comment whether this would be supported use case (in most proabality it might not be - but you can give it a try)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines