• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTMP vs RTMPE vs RTMPS benchmarks for live broadcasts

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe or anyone have any benchmarks or or information on overhead used by these different protocols? Excluding bandwidth limitations, any idea how many connections can be achieved on a single server using the default out of the box configuration? Say a Dual Xeon E5504 Quad Core with 16 GM RAM. Just trying to get an idea how many concurrent connections is possible off such a server for live broadcasts. Couldn't find any benchmarks from Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of concurrent connections will not differ much between these three protocols..IMHO(though i can not claim an authority on that) the default AMS with your config should easily support in excess of 1000  connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe's own documentation the RTMPS protocol uses significantly more resources than RTMP and even RTMPE. So should we just assume the server will cope just fine with 1000 concurrent RTMPS connections if it can handle 1000 RTMP connections fine? And 'in excess of 1000" hardly gives a clear picture. I know aside from hardware there are different factors at play (broadcast bitrate, video/audio format used, HLS transcoding, etc). But a few different benchmarks using the same hardware and different protocols would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RTMPS uses more CPU because it needs to do additional encryption.Apart from CPU Other things like network, RAM e.t.c remain more or less the same.

FInally, i am sorry i do not have benchmark results...I cna ask somebody in my team to provide them here if at all it is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines