• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading Apache for AMS 5.0.6

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upgrade the Apache Tomcat to 2.4.X that ships with Adobe Media Server 5 without causing any problems? It is currently at 2.2.21 I believe and is somewhat out of date... Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not tried those step of migration till now...Please try them at your own risk and also share your experiences on this forum...

BTW following is the list of most of those components which have been touched/added by Adobe to Apache setup...

Httpd.conf

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\mod_ctrlplane.so"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\asneu.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\libexpat.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\adbe_dme.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\mod_hlshttp.so"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\adbe_license.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\libeay32.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\hds.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\mod_jithttp.so"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\modules\mod_f4fhttp.so"

BTW, the above are 32 bit modules, you will need 32 bit port of Apache 2.4.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you specify what according to you are the major benefits of moving from Apapche 2.2.1 to 2.4.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our security team has recommended it - they have suggested that 2.2.27 is the minimum acceptable version, but if I have to go to the trouble of upgrading might as well go all the way to 2.4.x...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like the information as I need to get ours moved from v5.0.3 to v5.0.6 and the latest Apache version supported (or what works).  I see there is a version 2.4 from Apache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would definitely be helpful to have Apache 2.4 modules built along side 2.2, as security is a growing concern in the enterprise and SMB, hell even with just development servers at home...

There are supposed to be many performance and stability enhancements with Apache 2.4 as well.

What I am hoping is possible, is a simple way to integrate the Apache included with AMS onto a CentOS 6.5 server with cPanel/WHM.  I am guessing i should add a user in WHM for AMS, and manually include the directives from AMS Apache's httpd(-secure).conf along with the modules?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my opened discussion and my troubles with apache2.4:

So i guess the answer of your question is 'no' for now.
I'm still looking for the solution of this case for the same reasons, so if i got lucky and make it work i will share the solution.
Of course any help and/or suggestions are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines