Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using hls-live - request for m3u8 files takes too long

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

We setuped an HTTP live streaming application using Flash Media Server and the apache server that shipped with it. It used to work OK, but since recently -

the request time - for any m3u8 files of live streams - takes way too long (about 35 seconds) -

meaning, if I try to access directly - the url of a live stream (.../hls-live/[app name]/_definst_/[event name[/[stream name].m3u8)

in a browser -

I get a response with the m3u8 file - only after about 35 seconds(!)

Normally it used to be about 1-2 seconds.

I will appreciate any information about what can cause such a long delay? and what are the settings that are possibly related to this response time, in the configuration files of the apache server...?

Any tip for a direction will be appreciated...

P.S.

When I check the access logs of the apache - I see the request get HTTP code 200 (so it's ok in that sense. it just takes a really long time, as said)....

Thanks,

Yuval.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is m3u8 size same when you used to get request in 1-2 seconds and now when you get it in 35 seconds. Are there any errors in Apache error logs? Is f4f recording happenign without any issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines